Cookies are small text files created by a website on the device and contain data in name-value format. The website visited through cookies will keep information on the device, and this information can be used in subsequent visits. Cookies created by the website are saved by the internet browser used to access the website. The information contained in the cookies can only be accessed by the same internet browser and only by the website domain name that created the cookie.
The session cookie expires when the browser is closed. The persistent cookie remains on the hard disk for a long time or indefinitely.
Cookies To Be Used and Their Purposes
- To perform the basic functions required for the operation of the website.
- Analyzing the Website and increasing the performance of the Website. For example, integration of the other servers that the Website works on, determining the number of visitors to the Website, and making performance adjustments accordingly or making it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for.
- Increasing the functionality of the website and providing ease of use. For example, posting third-party social media channels through the Website, or search queries on the following visit of the visitor to the Website.
- To perform personalization, targeting, and advertising activities. For example, showing advertisements related to the interests of the visitors on the pages and products viewed by the users, Conducting user-participated surveys with brand partnerships.
Cookies are processed based on the legal reasons with the approval of the cookie preferences, which is managed within the scope of this Policy and "processing of data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject," "processing of personal data of the parties of a contract is necessary, provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of the contract" specified in the scope of Article 5 of the PDPL.
The use of certain cookies is mandatory for the website to function correctly. For example, authentication cookies, which are activated when logging into the website, ensure that the active session continues when switching from one page to another on the website.
Functionality and Preference Cookies
These cookies ensure the personalization of the services offered on the website by remembering the preferences and choices on the website. For example, it allows remembering the chosen font size while reading a text or language selection of the website.
Performance and Analytical Cookies
These cookies can improve the services provided by analyzing the usage of the website and the performance of the website. These cookies, which pages users view the most and whether the website is functioning correctly are tracked.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies
Through these cookies, products and services can be promoted on the website or in channels other than the website. In addition, cooperation can be made with some business partners to advertise and promote users on or outside the website. For example, it can be followed whether an advertisement seen on the website has been clicked, and after the advertisement attracts interest, whether the service on the website directed by that advertisement has been used. The brand/model of the device used, location information, internet service provider/operator information that provides service while connecting to the internet, network name of the modem connected while using the internet, applications installed on the phone, multi-platform targeting and personalized survey voting / testing applications or similar studies in the given samples can be targeted.
Management of Cookies
Cookies are not mandatory for the use of the website, and if they are not accepted, the quality of the user experience may decrease and some functions of the website may not work correctly. Technical cookies enable the basic functions of the website to work. Therefore, turning it off may cause some functions not to work properly.
The browser can be configured to block cookies for all websites or specific websites, alert when a cookie is created, block third-party cookies, or count all cookies as session cookies. In addition, cookies can be deleted through the browser or the list and values of cookies kept in the browser can be viewed.
Rights of Data Subjects
Data subjects have a right by Article 11 of the PDP Law;
- to learn that personal data is not processed,
- to request information if personal data has been processed,
- to understand the purpose of personal processing data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- to know the third parties in the country or abroad to whom personal data have been transferred,
- to request correction of personal data if it is incomplete or incorrectly processed, and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- to request the deletion or destruction of personal data if the reasons for its processing disappear even if it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of the PDP Law and other related laws and to notify the third parties to whom the personal data is transferred,
- to object to the emergence of a result against the person herself/himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- to demand the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
Suppose the Data Owner makes a request that results in the unavailability of any personal data by Alfamak. In that case, it agrees that the website may not fully utilize its functions and declares that any responsibility arising in this context will belong to its own.
Besides the above options; to have information about all cookies and for cookie management;
You can visit these addresses.